CHANGE IS ON ITS WAY!
But what happens now, while we wait for yet another wave of SEND Reforms, Reviews and Improvement Plans to take shape?
- We know from the DfE’s Alternative Provision (AP) Improvement Plan schedule that some initiatives are underway and being tested in limited locations.
- We know Special Needs Jungle investigating of the High Needs Provision Capital Allocation (HNPCA) grant that some families are still going to lose out.
- We know from a recent School’s Week article that we shouldn’t expect any real changes until possibly 2026.
- We also know from first-hand experience from supporting our SEND community that families are already heading for crisis or in crisis now, and cannot afford to wait or to stand still until change happens.
How can we take ownership of our part in the changes. We selected 5 key practical areas to focus on to help families and groups visualise the coming changes and attempt to offer them proactive strategies to help usher in and become part of the systemic change!
So then, WHAT HAPPENS NOW, WHILE WE WAIT?
Answer: We gather an expert panel to discuss and explore the following.
- We DISCUSS and explore ways to empower families while we are wait
- We INVITE SEND experts to help us explore the possibilities and how to prepare for the changes, while we wait
- We HELP families discover their local parent carer forums and their SEND Local Offers, while we wait
- We CHAMPION our own communities where we live, and grow our support networks, while we wait.
- We LAUNCH, support and strengthen grassroots organisations to become sustainable and thrive while we wait
- We STRENGTHEN our health, wellbeing and that of our families, while we wait.
- We EXPLORE current innovative ideas, solutions, products, services, and best practices, while we wait
We selected 5 KEY AREAS to ask our expert panel who are going to help us understand the new changes, how we can adapt and prepare for them
- Health & Wellbeing
- Community Engagement & Empowerment
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Digital EHC Plans
- Local Area Dashboards
Who is this event for?
- London families, parents and carers
- SEND related support groups, charities, community interest companies
- London Parent Carer Forums