Further Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND) Law Training Course
(for Parents & Carers)
Delivered by a member of IPSEA’s legal team, the training covers various areas of the law which ensure that children and young people with SEND are supported and protected in accessing education, including:
- Maintaining and reviewing an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan
- Ceasing to maintain an EHC Plan
- Making a complaint or challenging a decision
- Transport to school or college
The training is particularly relevant for parents and carers whose children have identified special educational needs (SEN) and who:
- Have an EHC plan already in place or are in the process of applying for an EHC plan; or
- Are supported through SEN support and interested in learning more about the law regarding transport and exclusions. Please note, the training relates to the law as it applies in England.
DATE : FRIDAY 17th January 2020
TIME: 9.30AM – 2.30PM
ADDRESS: Cedars Hall (KCA building), Artillery Place,
Chicheley Road, Harrow Weald, HA3 6QJ
Cost: £15 per person booking fee (to cover printed course materials and lunch)
Terms & Conditions:
- The training course is only offered to parents of children with SEN/disability, SEND parent governors, Parent Ambassadors and Parent Champions living in Harrow. Professionals are not allowed on this training course.
- Attendance is secured by strictly advance booking only, due to the space available and Health and Safety regulations. YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY WITHOUT PRIOR BOOKING
- A booking fee of £15 per person must be paid at the time of booking to cover printed course material & lunch.
- No children are allowed to accompany parents on the course.
- Attendees will each receive a certificate of completion of the training in their name.